Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter Baking


As you know, I have been on total diet lockdown for a while now so that I can look decent in my bridesmaid dress. The wedding is in June and I only have one dress size to go before I'm at my goal. For the record, my goal was to drop 10 dress sizes in 6 months--from an 18 to an 8. So far, I'm at 10 so I'm aaaaalmost there.

Keep your fingers crossed for me...I'm baking again. I love to bake for people and especially for holidays. I've decided to attempt my old nemesis petit fours, mini strawberry eclairs and yeast rolls. The genoise is cooling right now and smells like heaven. Now, on to piping buttercream flower decorations for the petit fours.

I'm hoping that I can keep the old jaw shut while I make the yummy, tempting treats. I just can't afford any back sliding after coming so far (and spending so much money).

Lately, I've been having trouble posting pictures, but if I can swing it, I'll try to post pictures of the results. If not, I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

Joy said...

Hi Bethany, Did you make the cookies? They are beautiful!! I made the same type cookies for Easter. They are a lot of fun!! Great job on your weight loss. I just starting my 100+ journey. Have a great day!! Joy

blog for steveLi said...

good news ,i love this pic!chinese style prom dresses

Cuivre deVigne said...

The decorations on your cookies are lovely; I recently started using my decorating tips and have slowly started to achieve some fine results but not as nice as yours. Congrats.