Friday, June 11, 2010

Switching Gears-Starting P90x

My sister's wedding was last Saturday. It was so beautiful. She looked amazing, the venue was elegant, the food was great...just generally perfect. I wore the dress I wanted and looked great too.

Now that I've accomplished my goal, I have been making excuses diet-wise. I've worked so hard to get here, I can't go back. No way, no how.

For me, I need to have a tangible, short term goal to keep me on track and motivated. After some late-night TV viewing, I decided to do P90x. You have to be totally committed and work out an hour a day, 6 days a week for 13 weeks.

A friend of mine loaned me the DVDs, so I'm all ready to go. Counting out the workouts on the calendar, I decided to make Saturday my rest day. That means I start this Sunday! It's going to be a big change for me. I'm going to get up early in the morning during the week to do the workouts before I go to work. On the yoga days, I'm going to my bikram studio. It'll be perfect.

To be honest, I watched a little of the first video and I'm a little intimidated. I understand how they can make their claims, the workouts look HARD. I'm willing to commit so no matter what, working out that much has got to make a big change.

My goal is to look super fantastically hot for my birthday in October. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: