Friday, May 8, 2009

Are You Happy? Kite Runner will fix that.



I was out sick from work yesterday with tummy troubles. sigh. By the afternoon, I was feeling better but still tired from the festivities. I decided to keep reading my latest book, Kite Runner.

It's a very well-written book but it's seriously a parade of gut-wrenching tragedies. It's the kind of book you can't put down because you are so drawn into the story but I felt awful the whole time I was reading it.

I usually read right before bed but I have to admit that a couple of the chapters gave me nightmares so I had to resort to reading it during the day on weekends. Trust me, if you start taking hormone supplements you will have extremely vivid dreams. What can I say? I'm a wuss.

Since the story takes place in large part in Afghanistan, it's an interesting look into an area that I have only seen in the news. It is well-written and morbidly entertaining. It has extremely good reviews so you guys are free to borrow my copy if you would like to read it.

No comments: