Sunday, August 17, 2008

Oh Yeah, That's a YP

The older I get, the more I think the secret to happiness is correctly identifying MPs and YPs, i.e. My Problems and Your Problems. Believe me, I create enough drama and problems for myself--MPs--that I am not going to worry myself about about your problems--YPs.

I saw the best example the other night when NBC was interviewing Mark Spitz as a work up to Michael Phelps breaking his medal record. Mark Spitz said that he was unhappy that "they didn't bring me" to Beijing so that he could personally watch Michael Phelps break his record. He never explained who "they" are (NBC, IOC, Michael Phelps, USA Swim Team, etc.) but it seemed to me that if he wanted to be there and wasn't, then that is a YP. I was dying to tell him myself, you know, but they didn't bring there...retarculous.

No comments: