Monday, June 2, 2008

Couch Potato No More

While we were at Palms Place on Saturday, my friend convinced me to start training again to run road races. I did five 5k races last year, hurt my knee and have since switched to other exercise. I always liked the races so I am going to try to run the Las Vegas half marathon this December. It will be a very tall order, but I am going to give it my best.

If anyone is interested in training from a basic level, I originally used Cool Running's Couch Potato to 5k running plan. Here's a link: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml.

Good Luck to all you future runners and former couch potatoes!! Come out to Vegas in December to cheer me on. I will definitely need it, even if Elvis makes an appearance.

3 comments:

Cladeedah said...

I am totally there! (As long as you come paint a mural for the animal shelter with me this weekend. :-P )

Bethany said...

I am especially trained in cat entertainment. I just hope they give me enough time for my act.

Cladeedah said...

Well... I did hear that you could tmake a pussy smile.