Saturday, June 7, 2008

Fruit Dip Extraordinaire



Now that summer is upon us, the grocery stores are teeming with juicy summer fruit. Since I'm on a diet (aka " the lifestyle"), I need to incorporate more fruits into my meals. If you're like me, you like fruit but need an incentive to eat it every day. Well, your problems are solved!


I stumbled across an Emeril recipe for a trifle that I adapted to make a light and tasty fruit dip. Here's what you do:


1. Beat 8 oz. cream cheese in your mixer with the paddle attachment until it is creamy.

2. Scrape the bowl down and add the following: 8 oz. sour cream, 1/4 c. brown sugar, 2 tablespoons orange juice, and some orange zest.

3. Mix at medium-high speed until smooth and creamy and sugar is completely incorporated.


This dip tastes great with strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, apples, pears, grapes and cherries. It would probably be good on just about anything, but these are the ones I've tried.


For diet purposes, you may want to consider using reduced fat or fat-free sour cream or cream cheese. I haven't done this myself and it may require increasing the sugar or orange juice. Please let me know if you try it with reduced fat or fat-free products. ENJOY!

No comments: