Sunday, July 27, 2008

Barefoot Jogging?

Sometimes you see the most random things when you are just driving down the street...

Today I saw a dude running with no shoes of any sort when I was out driving. I noticed him because he was shaking his feet at the intersection because they were obviously burning hot. He also had no shirt. I almost thought that he was running from the cops except that he had an iPod with him.

So, after the light changed he ran across the blazing hot street and kept on jogging. so weird.

4 comments:

Cladeedah said...

Must've been trying to get away after jacking that iPod.

Bethany said...

Perhaps I should have run after him and asked him. Then, I would have given him your number. so hot.

Bethany said...

Oh yeah, I forgot you like the rough stuff.

Jess said...

Barefoot jogging is better for your joints than jogging with shoes on. Of course, you have to toughen up your soles first; you can't just take off and expect not to have some brusing or sore toes.
When you're running on a hot surface, it does't hurt as much if you keep moving. Only when he stopped and had to wait for the light did the asphalt really start burning.
http://www.sportsci.org/jour/0103/mw.htm