Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Swimming Burns Up the Calories

I'm always on the lookout for the best way to burn calories in the shortest period of time. I'm still wearing Claudia's bodybugg and constantly checking it to see where I can get the biggest bang for my buck so to speak. Well, I have discovered that swimming laps burns a ton of calories. I can actually burn more calories in 45 minutes of swimming than an hour on the elliptical. WOW!

The other great part about swimming is that it is great for your joints. My knee still feels great.
I just have to get myself a hot swim cap and goggles to protect my hair and eyes since I will be a new fixture at the pool at my gym. sooo hot.

4 comments:

Cladeedah said...

I gotta get a cool cap and googles too for when we swim at my house!

Bethany said...

Oh yeah! We are going to have some good times!!

SDM said...

I vote for a 2008 Bejing swimcap (Olympics only 9 days away - woo hoo!) and low rider speedos like Mike Phelps.

Bethany said...

I didn't know 24 hour Fitness allowed European style swimwear at their pools for ladies. I guess I'll find out tonight!